Thank you for your interest in working with MCOP! Our work is challenging and rewarding, and we’re always looking for talented individuals to join our dedicated team.
The following positions are open for applications:
- Office Administrator (details below)
- Prosthetic/Orthotic Biller
- Jr. Prosthetic Technician
- Certified Prosthetist/Orthotist
We also offer Residency Programs for Orthotics and Prosthetics students through the National Commission on Orthotic and Prosthetic Education (NCOPE).
Applicants should send the desired job title and resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org, no cover letter required.
MCOP employees are eligible for medical, dental, and vision benefits after 90 days of employment. We offer paid vacation, sick time, 401K, life insurance and AFLAC policies after 1 year of employment.
Office Administrator – Linden Lane
To support clinicians and all office staff by providing assistance in all areas of office management, patient coordination, medical documentation and compliance. In addition it is communicating payments and financial information for patients and maintaining oversight of the administrative operations at the Silver Spring location. In addition you will work to maintain and improve the office facilities and supplies in Silver Spring.
- Greet patients in a professional and courteous manner at check-in, verifying patient demographics and insurance information is complete and accurate
- Answer multi-line phone taking messages and making new and return patient appointments
- Communicate with patients in a courteous and professional manner with attention to service excellence standards, returns patient phone calls received to address patient related issues.
- Maintains work operations by following policies and procedures; reporting compliance issues.
- Schedule new patient appointment which includes collecting all patient’s demographic information and coverage, referring physician information and primary care doctors information.
- Responsible for ensuring records are requested and received prior to patient’s appointment.
- Ensure all paperwork is complete and scanned into the patient’s chart. Also scans in the insurance cards and referral to the patient’s chart.
- Ensures highest level of accuracy of data input for all patient files.
- Verification of patient benefits at check in, L-Code selection, and delivery
- Obtain authorization from insurance and other payers when necessary.
- Generate patient service estimates and consult with patients with regards to financial responsibility
- Collect co-pays and Time of Service payments from patients that are self-pay and makes certain that the patient receives a receipt.
- Works directly with clinicians to manage patient case timelines and to ensure compliance.
- Schedules WORK IN PROGRESS meetings weekly, continually updating status of all cases.
- Works with colleagues on resolution of all cases until the case is closed
- Unpack and distribute incoming products from UPS, Fed Ex and other shipping parties- allocating them to the appropriate patient and reconciling them in the OPIE.
- Shipping out casts and other devices for patient deliveries.
- Coordinating Loaner/ Device Repairs and other Orthotic or Prosthetic needs
- Working with clinical specialists on product return.
- Scanning and emailing invoices from incoming mail to the Finance Manager
- Support all duties assigned from the Patient Account Representative/ Director of Operations/ Biller.
- Other duties upon request.
Applicants should send resumes to email@example.com, with “Office Administrator Position” in the subject line.