Ottobock C-Leg 4 Review
By MCOP Team
October 14, 2015
Ottobock C-Leg 4 Prosthetic Knee Offers Advanced Support, Stability
Boasting increased stability and control, the Ottobock C-Leg 4 is one of the safest above-knee microprocessor prosthetics on the market today. It offers a sophisticated technology that provides security and support, greatly reducing the likelihood of trips and falls. Ottobock is the largest manufacturer of microprocessor prosthetic knees (MPK), and the C-Leg 4 is the result of significant design updates to improve walking for above knee amputees and reproduce the functions of the human leg.
MCOP’s team was heavily involved in the development of the Ottobock X3/Genium microprocessor knee, from which the C-Leg 4 borrows many of its functionalities, while being appropriate for a much larger audience of amputees. The C-Leg 4 is currently available for above-knee amputees weighing up to 300 lbs.
Unique features that make the C-Leg 4 one of the leading above-knee microprocessor prosthetics include:
- Sophisticated sensors. Regardless of terrain, speed or activity, the C-Leg 4 uses gyroscopes to sense motion and make precise adjustments at every step, providing support and balance to help you navigate any surface and prevent falls.
- Shorter length. The Cleg 4 is 1.5 inches shorter, allowing more amputees to use the technology while also benefiting from a dynamic prosthetic foot design.
- Lighter than ever before. The C-Leg 4 is lighter than before, which reduces socket pressures and increases the wearability of the prosthesis. The C-Leg 4 also offers the option of “intuitive stance” a sophisticated feature that slightly flexes the knee when standing still to reduce fatigue, even on uneven surfaces.
- Programmable modes. MyModes and a companion Android app make it easy to set up the knee for everyday activities such as biking, golfing, walking or dancing. Quickly change modes using Bluetooth® technology.
- Weatherproof design. While the C-Leg 4 is not fully water proof, it is a water resistant prosthetic knee that allows you to enjoy the benefits of a microprocessor knee without giving up the ability to take it into water.
- Improved battery and charging. With up to 45 hours of use without the need to recharge, the C-Leg 4 reduces the fear and hassle associated with keeping your knee charged.
In our 12 years fitting more than 1,000 microprocessor-controlled knees, we have developed an unmatched experience and deep knowledge of microprocessor knee technology. The combined features of the C-Leg 4 make it one of the most advanced above-knee microprocessor prosthetics available on the market today.